A quick, healthy and delicious recipe for your Kimchi fix.
KIMCHI FRIED QUINOA
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1 cup quinoa (plain or trio)
2 tablespoon of coconut oil, leaving some for the fry egg.
175g of thinly sliced pork neck (optional)
1 clove garlic
chopped spring onion for garnish
sea salt to taste
- Put your cup on quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Stir occasional so that the quinoa does not stick to the pan. Boil until the water is completely evaporated.
- Heat up a large frying pan over medium high heat. Pour in the coconut oil and garlic. Add the pork neck and add salt to taste. Stir fry until pork turns from pink to white.
- Add the quinoa and stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add the kimchi and stir fry for another 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In another frying pan, heat up the remaining coconut oil and fry the egg.
- Garnish with spring onion then serve immediately.
- If you like your egg with a runny yoke, put the egg in only when the pan is super hot then turn off the heat and put a lid on it. Steam for 2 mins.
This recipe is packed with protein. Quinoa is a great source of none meat protein and a great substitute for rice.
This is easy and simple – a great lunch option. It keeps well over night too, so if you cook extra, you can always have it the next day.